Laser hair removal
Photos of our operations
The latest Alexandrite laser 755 nm Gentle YAG is used for permanent or long-lasting hair removal.
The principle of laser hair removal:
- Laser light destroys hair follicles by the method of selective photothemolysis. (SPTL) SPTL means precise targeting of hair follicle using a specific wavelenght of light. The hair follicles are damaged by heating up the black pigment in them.
- As hair grows in several phases (anagen, telogen, catagen) and lasers can only affect the active growing hair follicles (anagen, 30-40 %), several sessions are needed to damage all hair follicles.
- The intervention is safe, fast and effective. However, some level of itching or slight burning should be expected shortly after the treatment.
- Up to 25 % reduction of unwanted hair is achieved after each laser treatment. Treated hair grows back more slowly, it is softer and lighter and the interval between treatments gets longer.
- Usually, 4-6 treatments are needed.