Female hair loss (alopecia)
Women have very low level of male hormone. During the period of menopause or hormonal unbalance, the level of female hormone decreases and the level of testosterone (which can cause the hair loss) increases.
The most common causes of hair loss
- Hormonal changes during maturing, pregnancy, breast-feeding, menstruation or menopause
- Reduced function of the thyroid gland and relating difficulties, such as nervousness, weight fluctuation, tiredness, sensitivity to cold, increased pulse
- Frequent use of hair elastics and pins
- Unhealthy lifestyle, repeated dieting
- The lack of iron (anaemia)
- Excessive stress
- Hereditary taint
- Long-time use of certain medicaments
Long-term hair loss is often connected with health problems.Therefore, it is advisable to visit a doctor and find out the cause of hair loss.